Buyer (m/f/d) - US
KHS is a subsidiary of Salzgitter AG. As one of the world's leading manufacturers of filling and packaging systems for beverages and liquid food we are a world-class player. Our customers have trusted in our passionate pioneering spirit and first-class technologies for over 150 years. However, we can only remain world class if we continue to find new employees who make just as high demands of themselves and the quality of their work as our customers make of us at KHS. Are you one of them?
- Reviews requisitions for materials within the Company’s enterprise resource planning system; analyzes each item for quantity, specifications and delivery requirements; develops and investigates sources; issues request for quotation for those items not covered by existing arrangements
- Identifies alternate sourcing if needed based on quality, price and delivery; contacts potential suppliers and negotiates to obtain quotes on most favorable terms
- Determines best source by evaluating quotation or by application of an existing arrangement or by approved procedures; interviews vendor representatives
- Produces purchase orders within prescribed dollar limits (< $7500) and under supervision of a senior buyer or manager (>$7500); negotiates the lowest possible cost balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs
- Performs follow-up work on orders to ensure vendor compliance with terms of purchase especially deliver dates and quantity/quality; evaluates vendor performance based on personal knowledge of quality, prices, service and delivery as well as feed back from the shop floor, receiving and engineering
- Maintains procurement records by purchase orders; tracks cost savings successes
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Instructs and assists personnel responsible for invoicing; resolves invoice deficiencies
- Associate Degree in Business, two years of purchasing experience in manufacturing environment, or comparable education/training
- Extensive knowledge of machinery for the beverage / packaging industry and work experience of at least 3 years
- Ability to read and interpret basic engineering drawings, contract documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- English (mother tongue), other languages would be an advantage
- Analytical thinking for solving technical tasks
- Flexibility, assertiveness and organizational skills
- Self-confidence and friendly appearance
- Willingness to travel
- Innovative and international working environment
- Strong company group
- Competitive wages
- Full benefits package
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- 401K, Dental, Life, Medical and Vision
- Location: Waukesha ǀ Wisconsin ǀ USA
In order to ensure our success in the future, too, we need first-class employees – and we also have plenty to offer them.
Zurück zur Listenansicht Angebot als PDF herunterladen Auf Xing teilen Auf Twitter teilen Empfehlen
Human Ressources Generalist
KHS USA Inc.