Director of Project Management
KHS is a subsidiary of Salzgitter AG. As one of the world's leading manufacturers of filling and packaging systems for beverages and liquid food we are a world-class player. Our customers have trusted in our passionate pioneering spirit and first-class technologies for over 150 years. However, we can only remain world class if we continue to find new employees who make just as high demands of themselves and the quality of their work as our customers make of us at KHS. Are you one of them?
- Activity and Resource Planning - Define the project’s scope and determine available resources. Set realistic time estimates and evaluate the team or teams’ capabilities. Create clear and concise plans to both execute the project and monitor its progress. Adjust as needed before the project reaches its final stages.
- Organizing and Motivating the Project Team - Develop clear, straightforward plans that stimulate project teams to reach their full potential. Cut down on bureaucracy and steer project teams down a clear path to the final goals.
- Controlling Time Management - Set realistic deadlines and communicate them consistently to their teams. This includes effectively defining activity, sequencing activity, estimating the duration of activity, developing a schedule and maintaining a schedule.
- Cost Estimating and Developing Project Budgets – Keeps projects within its set budget. Frequently reviews project budgets and plans-ahead to avoid major budget overruns.
- Ensuring Customer Satisfaction - Minimize uncertainty, avoid any unwanted surprises and involve customers in the project as much as is reasonably possible. Maintain effective communication and keep the customer up-to-date.
- Analyzing and Managing Project Risk – Identify and evaluate potential risks before the project begins. Perform FMEA’s to mitigate project risks. Avoid risks or at least minimize their impact. Communicate risk to management when project delivery, budget and/or performance of the project is compromised.
- Monitoring Progress - Monitor and analyze project expenditures and team performance and take corrective measures, as required, to keep projects on track.
- Managing Reports and Documentation – Maintain a project management dashboard populated with critical project status information. Present comprehensive reports documenting that all project requirements were fulfilled, as well as the projects’ history, including what was done, who was involved, and what could be done better in the future (Lessons Learned)
- Directs the management and implementation of multiple large and complex projects; leads project management team and supervises individual project managers; makes personnel assignments based on assessment of team members' skills and workloads; and identifies obstacles.
- Responsible for project management for turnkey packaging line projects; participates in sales process to present turnkey solutions to customers.
- Actively manages high risk, high visibility packaging machinery line projects; reviews project proposals;
- prepares and manages project budgets, and scope; executes all the responsibilities of select projects.
- Works closely with Accounting, managing the financial budget from order through final payment; coordinates with service/installation for collection of final payment.
- Responsible for capturing revenue and specifications for post-order customization of machine projects, managing change notices and reducing scope creep.
- Communicates regularly with management and administration regarding the status of current project initiatives. Keeps knowledge and information flowing seamlessly.
- Communicates internally and externally to keep all project participants informed about all aspects of the project; monitors project milestones and works with production and engineering to maintain schedule and honours commitments; works closely with other departments, engineering, production, service and installation to coordinate timeline.
- Integrates specification requirements established by customer, KHS GmbH, and other KHS global partners and equipment suppliers.
- The Director of Project Management directly manages subordinate project managers and site management department.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the group. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with KHS's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Assess skills, knowledge, and abilities of candidates to make effective hiring and merit/bonus decisions and identified developmental needs. Collaborate with HR to provide training and development opportunities; serves in mentoring role for team.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in mechanical or electrical engineering more than ten years engineering or technical experience involving project leadership of complex capital equipment or packaging machinery projects, five years of supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sufficient but adequate knowledge of Acrobat, AutoCAD, SAP experience preferred
- Experience with Presentation and Word Processing Software
- Ability to travel on public transport including airplanes up to 50% of the time.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Location: Waukesha ǀ Wisconsin ǀ USA