Service Technician (m/f/d) - US
KHS is a subsidiary of Salzgitter AG. As one of the world's leading manufacturers of filling and packaging systems for beverages and liquid food we are a world-class player. Our customers have trusted in our passionate pioneering spirit and first-class technologies for over 150 years. However, we can only remain world class if we continue to find new employees who make just as high demands of themselves and the quality of their work as our customers make of us at KHS. Are you one of them?
- Receives trip assignment from inside schedulers; makes travel arrangements to arrive on time according to customer requirements
- Interviews customer to determine machine problems; performs basic troubleshooting on machine functioning; verifies where problem is located
- Performs hands-on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs on specified KHS USA machines to insure machine is functioning correctly according to specifications; coordinates with customer and Parts department to order any needed parts
- Troubleshoots and modifies or edits programs of Programmable Logic Controller’s (PLC).
- Audits and documents missing or bypassed safety devices on KHS USA machines and replace or repair.
- Trains customers for successful operation and maintenance; may show operators how to do changes for different size or format packaging; provides preliminary invoice for customer signature
- Works under the direction of senior technicians to start-up new machines, checks power system and wiring; observes lockout tag out process to check machine components functionality; establishes that product is moving through properly; communicates with internal staff to solve technical problems or project issues.
- Prepares concise, accurate, professional and timely Equipment Acceptance Reports, Service Work Reports, Expense Reports and other support documentation for customer visits; communicates with internal
- Bachelor in computer or electrical engineering (m/f/d) with good mechanical skills or comparable education/training
- Extensive knowledge of machinery for the beverage / packaging industry and work experience of at least 3 years
- English (mother tongue), other languages would be an advantage
- Analytical thinking for solving technical tasks
- Flexibility, assertiveness and organizational skills
- Self-confidence and friendly appearance
- Willingness to travel
- Innovative and international working environment
- Strong company group
- Competitive wages
- Full benefits package
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- 401K, Dental, Life, Medical and Vision
- Einsatzort: Waukesha ǀ Wisconsin ǀ USA
In order to ensure our success in the future, too, we need first-class employees – and we also have plenty to offer them.