Field Service Technician
KHS USA Inc. belongs to KHS GmbH one of the world’s leading companies providing innovative solutions for filling and packaging in the beverage, food and non-food markets. We aim to always be first choice. KHS is part of the Salzgitter Group. Salzgitter has approximately 24.000 employees worldwide.
We are looking for a highly motivated individuals to strengthen our team throughout the US.
The Field Service Technician travels extensively to repair, maintain and startup specified KHS USA filling and packaging equipment. The Field Service Technician provides a communication link between the customer and the company to ensure excellent customer service.
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Effectively uses hand tools.
- Studies and interprets schematics and drawings.
- Receives trip assignment from inside schedulers; makes travel arrangements to arrive on time according to customer requirements.
- Interviews customer to determine machine problems; performs basic troubleshooting on machine functioning; verifies where problem is located.
- Performs assembly and installation of various machine components in the field.
- Performs hands-on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs on specified KHS USA machines to ensure machine is functioning correctly according to specifications; coordinates with customer and Parts department to order any needed parts.
- Interfaces with Engineering, Production and Project Management to solve technical problems or project issues.
- Works with domestic and international customer technicians, engineers and management to perform quality inspections, set-ups, assembly, installations and commissioning protocol activities. Communicates progress as needed.
- Audits condition of machines in the field for rebuilds, parts and additional services.
- Coaches customers for successful operation and maintenance; may show operators how to do changes for different size or format packaging.
- Supports equipment, service documentation and suggests improvements.
- Works under the direction of senior technicians to start-up new machines, checks power system and wiring; observes lockout tag out process to check machine components functionality; establishes that product is moving through properly; communicates with internal staff to solve technical problems or project issues.
- Prepares concise, accurate, professional and timely Equipment Acceptance Reports, Service Work Reports, Expense Reports and other support documentation for customer visits; communicates with internal staff to report on service activities; completes and submits reports within 3 weeks after the end of a job. Periodically inspects customer spare parts inventory and recommends additional parts orders as needed for successful equipment maintenance and operation.
- Performs inspections on consumable materials (for example, caps, closures, bottles, cans, cardboard, or film); communicates with customer on any potential quality issues affecting equipment productivity; report to in-house staff.
- Provides management with timely verbal and/or written communications regarding immediate needs of parts, documentation, other potential issues on site.
- Follows KHS USA administration, workplace, and safety policies, procedures and practices; understands and follows customer’s rules for safety, security or other policies.
- Wears appropriate uniform, maintains professional appearance, conduct, attitude and positively promotes KHS USA to all customers.
- Assists with Service functions and activities as requested by management; provides support for manufacturing as needed; may be assigned to technical support hot line.
- Associate’s Degree in electronics or professional certificate in industrial trades or technical discipline.
- Two years of experience in maintenance or service of packaging/processing equipment in a food, beverage, chemical or industrial environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Competitive Wages
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Training Opportunities
- Location: Waukesha ǀ Wisconsin ǀ USA
In order to ensure our success in the future, too, we need first-class employees – and we also have plenty to offer them